Tater Tot Casserole
What’s your favorite comfort food? Well, my favorite comfort food is tater tot casserole. Yeah, this casserole may not be the most glamorous meal you can make, but it’s sure delicious!
To make this tater tot casserole, you start by browning hamburger in a skillet with diced onion, season with salt and pepper, add 2 cans of cream of mushroom soup, a little milk, and 2 cans of green beans. Then pour the ground beef mixture over a bag of frozen tater tots in your slow cooker. Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours, top with cheese and you’re ready to eat!
- 32 ounce bag tater tots
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cans (10 3/4 ounce each) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cans (14.5 ounces each) green beans
- 1/2 cup milk
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups grated cheddar cheese
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add the cans of cream of mushroom soup, and milk, stir to combine.
- Fold in green beans to meat mixture.
- Spray your slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray
- Place entire bag of tater tots on the bottom of your slow cooker
- Pour the meat mixture over the tots.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 hours
- Add cheese to top, and unplug slow cooker.
- Let set for 5-10 minutes before serving.
I used a 6 quart slow cooker. This recipe could be cut in half if you have a smaller slow cooker.
Copyright Sarah Olson 2014