Follow The Magical Slow Cooker on Facebook for weekly slow cooker recipes!
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken
This slow cooker lemon chicken recipe is seriously the best slow cooker chicken dish you will ever make. I struggle to find healthy recipes that I actually crave. This chicken is so tangy and tender. I have made it 3 times in the last 2 weeks!
To make this recipe for slow cooker lemon chicken, you put flour, and an zesty italian seasoning(or garlic and herb) packet in a ziplock bag, add your chicken, and shake. Then cook your chicken in a small amount of oil. Add lemon juice and chicken broth to the slow cooker, if you want to cook broccoli with the chicken, make a foil packet, with the cut up broccoli, olive oil, salt and pepper, and place on top of the chicken and sauce. Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, without peeking!
It is easy to clean up, since you shake the chicken with the seasonings in a ziplock bag. Serve this slow cooker lemon chicken over rice, the chicken is very tangy, and goes perfect with rice!
Super easy clean up, shake the seasonings, flour and chicken in a ziplock bag.
Drizzle lemon sauce from bottom of slow cooker on to chicken when serving. Serve over rice, Enjoy!
Slow Cooker Lemon Chicken with Broccoli
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts- The chicken I bought was thinly sliced. It works really well in this recipe. If you can't find it, get chicken tenderloins.
- 1 package dry zesty italian salad dressing mix(or garlic herb) packet (0.6 ounces)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 large ziplock bag
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil
- 2 large lemons juiced, pick seeds out (should yield 1/2 cup of juice)
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 2 broccoli crowns cut up
- olive oil
- sea salt
- Put dressing packet and flour in the ziplock bag. Add the chicken to the bag, and shake to coat the chicken.
- Brown chicken in a skillet with cooking oil, do this in batches if you need to. Just brown the chicken, don't worry about cooking it all the way.
- Put the lemon juice and chicken broth in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add browned chicken.
- If you want to cook the broccoli with the chicken, lay a big piece of foil on the counter, and place cut up broccoli crowns on it, drizzle with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Fold up the foil to make a packet, and place on top of the chicken.
- Place lid on slow cooker.
- Cook on HIGH for 3 hours, without peeking.
- Make sure to drizzle lemon sauce from bottom of slow cooker onto the chicken when serving.
- Serve over rice.
Copyright Sarah Olson 2014